Saturday, June 12, 2010

Duo Portraits


"Duane"
oil on panel, 2007
10" x 8" (25.4cm x 20.32)
private collection



"Megan"
oil on panel, 2007
10" x 8" (25.4cm x 20.32cm)
private collection

Here's two portraits I did as a wedding gift to the couple seen here.

Keeping in mind the intent of the portraits, that each was meant for the other, I made sure to choose reference where there was eye contact. And for a more personal image, using a tight cropping.

Megan was done from a photo taken by Duane, so it has a specific memory attached to it for him. After looking through several photos of Duane I selected this one for it's more emotional resonance.45,46
Click on images for larger view

1 comment:

  1. How lucky the couple are to have you capture their images so profoundly. Each portrait shows a different but loving intent. I feel as though I could talk to each of them.

    ReplyDelete