Monday, March 14, 2011

New Series Teaser























untitled work in progress
watercolor on illus. board
10.75" x 8" (27.305cm x 20.32cm)

Being out sick for  3 weeks has put me a bit behind. With a million things to do... well you know, it happens to us all.
For my 101st posted image, a new series for 2011... a teaser of what's to come (Thanks Bill).
Numbered posts include only images posted for the first time, so this does not count posts with repeated images due to an update or an all text post, photo post, gallery or show announcement.

This will be an extensive series with many images in various media... pencil, graphite, charcoal, watercolor, oil, mixed media. I'm anxious to really get into this one, especially since I've been 'sitting on' this since early November '10 but had other projects to finish up first.
It's one I have been looking forward to for some time.

This series of the Vincent Thomas Bridge will also include some views of the surrounding harbor as seen from the bridge itself even though you may not see the bridge in that image.

Shown uncropped since it is a work in progress. Not the first in this series but representative of the beginning of it (see another here). Starting from the ground up. Apropos I think.
Most of the time I have a pretty good idea of the finished image, but as sometimes happens, I reach a point in the process where I'm not sure what direction to take it... like here... I did at the start but as sometimes also happens that changes midstream, not a bad thing...

So here you go, a little more than half done. I'll post the final image when it's finished.101


*Update - The finished painting here.

Click on image for larger view

No comments:

Post a Comment